This Grade 2 listed building was built in 1864 by William Leaf as a working man’s club. The intention was to support the local community which is at the centre of the DWBL programme. It is therefore fitting that the DWBL Board have invested in Leaf Hall to allow it to update its facilities to meet the needs of a modern community base. Leaf Hall CIO has been designated the legacy organisation to continue supporting and promoting our community.
£8,000 – Internal disabled access and toilets.
£2,130 – Hire of cherry picker for maintenance.
£40,000 – Repairs to front façade and upper hall. Grant was matched by the John Jackson Memorial Trust.
£1,600 – Traffic consultancy for access ramp.
£20,000 – contribution towards Building Improvements Programme including access ramp. Other funders being sought.